Thursday, January 18, 2018

Growth Mindset

Image result for growth mindset memes
Funny Dog Mindset meme. Source: Doug Barton Youtube

The first time I ever heard the concept of growth mindset was last semester, and to this day, I wonder why I had never heard of it before. Personally, since learning about growth mindset last semester, I have really tried to shift myself into that mindset. Unfortunately, I still find myself having a "fixed" mindset. Since coming to OU, I have learned so much about the way I learn. I started at OU straight out of a tiny high school and had no idea what a big university would entail and the way it would challenge me, both academically and non-academically. During my first few semesters at OU, I honestly struggled and in my opinion if I would have known about growth mindset before entering college it truly would have helped me in my transition. Even after learning some about growth mindset last semester, I still look forward to learning more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning by HEART: Read an article about reading- Preserving Deep Reading

A common problem I used to have. Source: Pinterest The Case for Preserving the Pleasure of Deep Reading The one thing that the a...