Wednesday, January 17, 2018

Storybook Favorites


  • Indian Horror:
    • The introduction to this storybook is very good. As one of the first things that readers will read in the storybook, it did a fantastic job of capturing my attention. What originally drew me to this story book was the title. I pictured it being a ghost story. I really liked how the author decided to use journal entries as their method of storytelling. In my opinion, journal entries are the best way to retell horror stories. This really allowed the story to become the author's own and tell it in a new perspective. This was a new topic for me but I really liked seeing how the author transformed these stories into something new. The author's notes were very well written and gave me a little insight into the original story.
  • Hello, when am I?
    • Again, what drew me to this storybook was the title. The title of this storybook stood out the most to me. The introduction did a really good job of setting the scene for the stories to come. The only thing I would have added would be to give a little background information on the characters. From the title, I would have never guessed that this would be a time travel story, but after reading it, it definitely makes sense. I really like the idea. It kept things interesting and kept me guessing where the pair would land next. I also really like the design of this storybook, it was very dream like, which fit the overall theme perfectly. Overall this storybook was excellent.
  • Stories of the Wild West:
    • The introduction to this storybook was great. It gave background on the characters and really helped prepare you for the stories to come. In the stories I really liked the dialogue. It made the story feel more like an actual story versus just everything being in "he said/she said". The design of this storybook went very well with the topic and was exactly what I expected. That is why I chose the image from this storybook. I did not see too many story books with a title over the wild west, so that is why this particular storybook stood out to me. 
     
    Photo of a Bathhouse from the Stories of the Wild West Introduction Image Source: Pixabay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning by HEART: Read an article about reading- Preserving Deep Reading

A common problem I used to have. Source: Pinterest The Case for Preserving the Pleasure of Deep Reading The one thing that the a...