Thursday, March 8, 2018

Learning Challenge: Reading Out Loud


When I think of reading out loud, I am instantly taken back to my fifth grade classroom. Reading out loud is often associated with learning to read, but it can be beneficial even as a college student. I was challenged to read out loud and record my personal experience.Reading out loud was different from silent reading because it made me think more about what I was reading. I am not sure why, but there is just something about hearing things versus just saying them in your head. I remember using this technique last semester, but have neglected to use it so far this semester. An advantage to reading out loud when editing is to catch errors that you would not have noticed otherwise. This is a big problem for me. I always have errors that I do not catch myself, so I am going to try and apply reading out loud when I edit. It is just not always possible, as I am not always alone when working on homework. I also want to read out loud more when I do the actual readings. I feel like this would allow for me to process what is happening better. Sometimes I get caught up in the stories and lose track of what is happening, so maybe this will help.

Funny meme about reading out loud in class
Source: Quick Meme

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning by HEART: Read an article about reading- Preserving Deep Reading

A common problem I used to have. Source: Pinterest The Case for Preserving the Pleasure of Deep Reading The one thing that the a...