Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Week 8 Comments and Feedback

The feedback so far has been really helpful, especially when editing. Having a second set of eyes really helps to catch errors and other things that I would not think about or catch when writing/editing. I have found all the comments helpful and I really enjoy getting suggestions on ways to improve my stories.
I feel like I have not really had to give a lot of feedback telling people to fix things. I feel like I mostly ask question and give suggestions on ways to expand on ideas. I am not very good with grammar, so I leave that for the people who are, but if I do happen to catch something I mention it.  
I love blog comments. They are one of my favorite assignments. I am not a very outgoing person, so in a normal class setting, I would not have learned thing about people. In fact, more than likely I would have only talked to one or two people in the class all semester. I love the relaxed environment of getting to know people. I am happy with my blog and my introduction post. I feel like it is an accurate representation of my personality. 
Look forward I want to analyze the writing strategies used by others in the class. I mentioned this in my last review post, but I always find myself migrating toward writing from a different perspective, so I want to challenge myself and try some new styles. What better way the get ideas and see all of the writing styles out there than from your peers?
Cute feedback meme about learning from mistakes
Source: Laura Gibbs:Cheezburger
I chose this image because it is the perfect summation of how feedback should be used. Feedback is there for learning, not judging or criticizing. It is there to help you learn, but in order to learn from the feedback, you have to be comfortable receiving feedback in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Learning by HEART: Read an article about reading- Preserving Deep Reading

A common problem I used to have. Source: Pinterest The Case for Preserving the Pleasure of Deep Reading The one thing that the a...